DMT is short for “Dominican Mission Trip”. DMT was a mission trip done during summer 2013. It consisted of a 10-day mission trip to the Dominican Republic (DR). There were 15 volunteers, all from our church. The mission trip was in support of the Samaritan Foundation ministry (www.thesamaritanfoundationdr.com). Our typical day had two distinct parts; the morning was the house building activity while the afternoon was a ministry-type activity. The team left Ottawa on 6 July and returned on the 16 July 2013. The whole mission trip was well supported by our church family as well as our own family, friends and co-workers. Some of the ministry activities we did in DR were visiting the local school, the Puerta Plata hospital, the orphanage and some local communities. God has really blessed the DMT team with this mission. People’s lives were touched, the Gospel was preached and His love was demonstrated in a concrete way.
Follow this link to see a few pictures from DMT 2013.
Follow this link to see information on DMT 2015.
Here are a few testimonies from team members:
– The amount of joy the (local) children showed us as soon as we got out of the bus till we got back on it were amazing. The love I felt for these kids and that they showed me was so memorable…being able to see, smell and walk through the villages was just so life changing.
– We enjoyed playing with the children, especially the water balloons! (Now) I appreciate school more because not all children get to go to school.
– The (local) children were always happy no matter what the circumstances.
– The trip made me more aware of the poverty “around my world”. Seeing the poverty in the small villages, the lack of infrastructure, the filthiness, people doing little, just looking around. Yet, as we were told, they have a strong sense of faith and family, lots of them love God.
– I learned first hand Psalm 133:1 “How good and pleasant it is when God’s people live together in unity.” We worked hard, played hard, prayed hard, and had unity. It has changed me in that I was filled with God’s love and able to give God’s love.