In adherence to the both the Provincial and Ottawa Public Health guidelines the Board of Elders along with the Safety Team have been working towards a safe reopening of in-person worship services at Alta Vista Baptist Church.
The health and safety of the church family is our first concern.
The following is by no means an exhaustive list but will help prepare you for your return.
Due to limited seating we will ask you to register all family members on the church website. If you are unable to go online, please call Patrizia Wand-Mayville at 613‑265‑5734 to register.
When registering familiarize yourself with the screening questions, as these will be asked prior to entering the church.
The registration link will be added here 1–2 weeks before the Fall reopening.
- The main entrance will be designated the only entrance.
- On site screening, a mask and the use of hand sanitizer will be required before entering the building.
- Someone will usher you to a designated seat.
- Physically distancing will be followed in the sanctuary both in the aisle and in the pews.
- The upper level of the church is the only area open for use.
- Cleaning and disinfecting will occur before and after the services.
- The only bathroom available will be on the main floor through the nursery.
- All chairs and tables will be removed from the lobby.
- No food or drink with the exception of personal water bottles.
- Families, including children MUST stay & sit together.
- There will be no nursery or children’s program.
- There will be no singing, instead we encourage worship in your heart and mind.
- We ask there be no hand shaking, fist bumps, hugs, kisses, touching or passing items to each other.
- At the end of the service dismissal will be directed by the ushers starting with back rows and allowing for time to make your way to the exit, sanitize your hands, and exit the building.
Who is recommended by Ottawa Public Health NOT attend
- Members over 70 years old.
- Members who have chronic medical condition or weakened immune system.
- Members who cannot wear a mask.
- Children under the age of 2 years old.
Please note that online services will continue to be an option.