Message for Sunday, April 26, 2020 from Pastor David Elliott. Part four of a series on prayer.
The service video is available on YouTube at https://youtu.be/uekxhdbxBHc :
Either listen to the sermon using the embedded audio player directly above or download the mp3 audio file by (right) clicking on this link and choosing “save link as…” or similar.
Ref: Daniel 9:1–19
- Problems that plague me…
- R- _____________________ (v.2)
- O- ______________ (v.2)
- Jeremiah 29:10-14
- A- ____________________ (v.3)
- Daniel remembered that the _____________ of life must
submit to the _______________ of God.
- C- ______________________ (v.3)
- T- __________________ (v.4)
- I- _________________________ (vs.5-15)
- Search me, O God, and know my heart: Try me, and know my thoughts: And
see if there be any wicked way in me… (Psalm 139:23-24 a)
- V- ______________________ (vs 16-19)
- E- _______________________ (vs 17-19)
- Now unto the King eternal, immortal, invisible, the only wise God, be honour
and glory for ever and ever. Amen. (I Timothy 1:17)
- What word picture comes to your mind when you think of the word “proactive”?
What picture comes to mind when you think of the opposite of proactive?
- Read the following verses: Philippians 4:19, Matthew 16:18, Romans 8:28.
What do you do when God’s promises don’t seem to line up with what’s going on in
your life? How do you handle that apparent tension? How did Daniel handle it?
- Read Romans 11:33-36. What attributes of God are revealed in this passage?
What qualities of God’s character empower you to pray? How does His sovereignty
shape your prayers?
- What specific things are you asking God for? Can you share those needs with
others and ask them to pray?
- Re-read Daniel’s prayer of confession in Daniel 9:5-14. Do any of those
specific sins of commission/omission show up in your life? If so, which ones?
- Read Isaiah 40. How does that passage make you feel about you? How does
it impact how you view your problems?