This Sunday Pastor David takes us through the book of Proverbs and teaches us what it means to be money wise. Join us online on Sunday morning at 10:30 am.
RED LIGHT PRINCIPLES
1. STOP thinking _____________ can buy happiness
It is better to have little with fear for the Lord than to have great treasure with turmoil. A bowl of soup with someone you love is better than steak with someone you hate. (Proverbs 15:16,17) (also Proverbs 17:1)
2. STOP waiting around for things to _______________.
-Proverbs 10:4; 24:30-34
3. STOP banking on ____________ money
-Proverbs 13:11; 20:23; 21:6
YELLOW LIGHT PRINCIPLES
1. Be CAREFUL to ___________ where you are at.
In the blink of an eye wealth disappears, for it will sprout wings and fly away like an eagle. (Proverbs 23:5) (NLT) (also Prov. 27:23)
2. Be CAREFUL to _____________ wisely. (Prov. 21:5, 20; 22:7)
Ignorance + Easy _______________ = _______ Trouble
- You need a s_________________ goal.
- You need a g______________ goal.
- You need a s______________ goal. (Proverbs 6:6-8)
3. Be CAREFUL about _____-______________. (Prov. 6:1-5)
GREEN LIGHT PRINCIPLES
1. GO ahead and ___________ what you have. (Prov. 27:20)
Since everything God created is good, we should not reject any of it. We may receive it gladly, with thankful hearts…Tell those who are rich in this world not to be proud and not to trust in their money, which will soon be gone. But their trust should be in the living God, who richly gives us all we need for our enjoyment. (I Tim. 4:4; 6:17) (also Genesis 2:16-17)
2. GO ahead and ____________what you have. (Prov. 11:24-25; 28:22)
Those who oppress the poor insult their Maker, but those who help the poor honour Him. (Prov. 14:3)]
If you help the poor, you are lending to the Lord-and He will repay you! (Prov. 19:17)
- You _______________ the Lord
- You __________ to the Lord
- You __________ the door to the Lord’s blessing
3. GO ahead and _____________God with what you have. (Prov. 3:9-10)
“____________ You” “I _______________ You” (Prov. 11:28)
Q1: Were you ever given some wise financial advice? If so, what was it?
Q2: What do the following verses teach about the danger of trying to get ahead on “dirty money”? Prov. 10:2; 11:1,18; 13:11; 16:8, 11; 20:10,17,23; 21:6; 22:16; 28:20; 29:4.
Q3: What do the following verses say you need to think about before co-signing?
Proverbs 6:1-5; 1:15; 17:18; 20:16; 22:26,27; 27:13
Q4: Do you use a budget? If so, what are some of your key priorities? Are there any areas of your financial planning that you think the Lord may want you to revise? If so, what?
Q5: What do the following verses tell you about the power and importance of generosity?
Proverbs 11:24-25; 22:9; 23:6-8; 25:14; 28:22
Q6: What does Proverbs have to say about helping the poor and needy?
Proverbs 14:31; 17:5; 19:17; 21:13’ 28:27; 31:20.