Pastor David kicks off his new series through the book of Ruth. Join us online at 10:30 on Sunday mornings at our YouTube page.
THE ______________ IS YET TO COME!
God has promised this by his holiness… “Moab, my washbasin, will become my servant, and I will wipe my feet on Edom and shout in triumph over Philistia.” (Psalm 108:7a, 9)
- Lost her ________________
If you follow My decrees and are careful to obey My commands, I will send you rain in its season, and the ground will yield its crops…But if you will not listen to me and carry out all these commands …your soil will not yield its crops, nor will the trees of the land yield their fruit. (Lev. 26:3-4a, 14, 20b)
- Lost her __________
- Lost her _______________ to death
- Lost ________________ of her children
- Lost her two sons to _____________
- Lost her _________________.
Q: Why does the author spend so much time focusing on Naomi urging her daughters-in-law to return back home?
- To illustrate how ________________ Naomi is
- To emphasize how _______________ Ruth is
- Naomi believed God ________________
- Naomi believed God ___________________ her
- Naomi believed God is _______________________
-Psalm 115:3, Daniel 4:35
*The sovereignty of God is a hard truth to ______________, but it’s a soft place to land.
Q1: Have you ever had to make a significant move/transition in your life? What was that like?
Q2: Read Hebrews 12:1-13. What are some of the benefits of going through tough times? What are some of the anchors we need to hold onto in the midst of rough seas?
Q3: How might your witness for Christ shine the brightest when things are darkest in your life?
Q4: Read Psalm 29. What does this passage teach you about God’s sovereign care?
Q5: In I Corinthians 2:9 Paul states that “No eye has seen, no ear has heard, and no mind has imagined what God has prepared for those who love him.” What are some of your hopes or wildest imaginations about spending eternity with the Lord?
Q6: What would you consider to be the “best of times” in your life? How about the “worst of times”? How did the Lord reveals Himself to you in the best or worst of times?
Q7: Pastor Dave mentioned four character traits that we see in Ruth (listed below) that we should aspire to. Which one is most important to you? Why?
- Someone whose faith in God enables them to see beyond present bitter circumstances
- Someone who is not ensnared to the passing pleasures and comforts of this world
- Someone who is courageous enough to venture into the unknown in order to follow God
- Someone who is not afraid of radical relationship commitments that honour the Lord