Join us this Sunday as Pastor Greg begins our Christmas series, The Heart of Christmas. Countdown begins at 10:25, and our service begins at 10:30!
Click HERE to download this week’s notes.
- If I open the door to God’s plan… what should I expect?
1) EXPECT THE ___________________
“For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways,” declares the Lord. “As the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways and my thoughts than your thoughts.”
- “You’re pregnant, with God!”
- Complete disruption to Mary’s life!
(Proverbs 16:9, 19:21)
2) EXPECT TO EXPERIENCE THE ________ OF GOD
- When you open the door to God’s plan (disruption) He opens the door to His power.
“…God chose things the world considers foolish in order to shame those who think they are wise. And he chose things that are powerless to shame those who are powerful.” – I Corinthians 1:26-31 (Joshua 1:9, Isaiah 41:10)
3) EXPECT TO HEAR GOD SAY “________________”
28 “The angel went to her and said, “Greetings, you who are highly favored! The Lord is with you…” 30 “But the angel said to her, “Do not be afraid, Mary; you have found favor with God.” – Luke 1:28, 30
- How? ____________________________________
4) EXPECT GOD TO USE ____ TO BLESS _________
- Just like Mary, God has plans for you that are bigger than you.
“…He will be great and will be called the Son of the Most High. The Lord God will give him the throne of his father David, and he will reign over Jacob’s descendants forever; his kingdom will never end.” – Luke 1:30-33
Q1: Share about a time when God’s plan interrupted your plans.
Q2: How is Mary described in vs. 27? Why is this significant?
Q3: In what ways is it encouraging to you to see God fulfilling His plan through a simple Jewish girl?
Q4: In what surprising or overwhelming circumstances have you experienced God’s faithfulness and favour?
Q5: Gabriel tells Mary to not be afraid. Read Psalm 56:3, Philippians 4:6-7. What are you afraid of right now, how do you need help overcoming this?
Q6: If the Biblical truth “God keeps all of His promises,” is emphatically real in your life, what would change about you?
Q7: There has always been a sense of anticipation around Christmas. The first Christmas was no different. What promises or hopes are you currently waiting on God for?