This Sunday Pastor Greg begins a new series through the book of Colossians titled, Held Together. Join us ONLINE ONLY beginning at 10:30 am!
Click HERE to download this week’s Sermon notes!
1) The Goal for any Church Community. (vs. 1-2)
- Celebrate our personal callings
- Celebrate our spiritual community
“Instead, we will speak the truth in love, growing in every way more and more like Christ, who is the head of his body, the church. He makes the whole body fit together perfectly. As each part does its own special work, it helps the other parts grow, so that the whole body is healthy and growing and full of love.” – Ephesians 4:15-16
2) Prayer #1 of Thanks for God’s people. (vs. 3-5a)
- Faith in Christ Jesus (2 Corinthians 9:15)
- Love for all God’s people (John 13:34-35, 1 John 3:14, 4:7-8)
- Hope stored up in Heaven (1 Peter 1:3-5)
“This hope is a strong and trustworthy anchor for our souls. It leads us through the curtain into God’s inner sanctuary. Jesus has already gone in there for us. He has become our eternal High Priest in the order of Melchizedek.” – Hebrews 6:19-20
3) Prayer #2 of Intersession for God’s People (vs. 9-10)
- Spiritual Understanding
“But it was to us that God revealed these things by his Spirit. For his Spirit searches out everything and shows us God’s deep secrets. No one can know a person’s thoughts except that person’s own spirit, and no one can know God’s thoughts except God’s own Spirit. And we have received God’s Spirit (not the world’s spirit), so we can know the wonderful things God has freely given us…” – 1 Corinthians 2:10-14
- The Purpose of Following God’s Will (vs. 10)
- The Process of Fulfilling God’s Will (vs. 10-12)
- The Freedom of God’s Will (vs. 13-14)
“By his divine power, God has given us everything we need for living a godly life. We have received all of this by coming to know him, the one who called us to himself by means of his marvelous glory and excellence.” – 2 Peter 1:3
Q1: If you were going to introduce yourself to an audience you have never met, how would you describe yourself?
Q2: Read Colossians 1:3-8. What do you think are important characteristics of a healthy church?
- Faith: When you say you believe in Jesus, what does that mean to you?
- Love: What message do we send to non-Christians when we love each other?
- Hope: Why is it crucial to have hope in Heaven?
- Fruit Bearing: What kind of fruit?
Q4: Read 1 Corinthians 2:10-14. How should knowing God’s general will help us live in a way that pleases Christ?Q5: Read 2 Peter 1:3-8. How do these qualities help us carry out our responsibilities to follow God’s will for our lives?