Happy Thanksgiving! Join us this Sunday in-person or online at 10:30 am as we have a special time of sharing from our congregation. You won’t want to miss out!
Click HERE for printable notes
Whoever loves much, does much. (Thomas a’ Kempis)
1. Serving the Lord with all your heart has always been God’s __________________.
–Exodus 15:1-2; 35:21, Matt. 15:1-20, Mark 12:30
Never be lacking in zeal, but keep your spiritual fervor, serving the Lord. (Romans 12:11)
Work hard, but not just to please your masters when they are watching. As slaves of Christ, do the will of God with all your heart. (Ephesians 6:6)
2. Serving the Lord with all your heart is what ____________ action.
If you are serving the Lord with all your heart…
- You will ___________ about your ministry even when you are not doing it.
- You will joyfully give __________ to that ministry.
- You will give __________ than is expected.
Therefore, my dear brothers and sisters, stand firm. Let nothing move you. Always give yourselves fully to the work of the Lord, because you know that your labor in the Lord is not in vain. (I Cor. 15:58)
- You will be “in the ______________” while serving.
- You will _______________ your ministry…most of time!
3. Serving the Lord with all your heart is the key to feeling _______________.
If your ______________ is not in it,
you will not be ____________ when you’re doing it!
Rejoice, O young man, in your youth, And let your heart cheer you in the days of your youth; Walk in the ways of your heart… (Ecclesiastes 11:9a)
Q1: If someone followed you around for a month what would they conclude you are passionate about?
Q2: Read Matthew 6:19-21. What is the relationship between our heart and what we treasure?
Q3: In the Bible, the sufferings of Jesus from the Last Supper until his crucifixion are referred to as “The Passion Of The Christ”. What do the events of those final hours reveal about the heart of our Saviour?
Q4: Read Romans 15:15-20. What do these verses tell us about Paul’s primary passion?
Q5: When it comes to serving the Lord, what are you passionate about? What ignites your heart?
Q6: What can cause a person to lose their passion?
Q7: According to Hebrews 12:1-3, what do we need to do to maintain our passion?