Join us this Sunday to find out what Pastor David means by “Birthing and Weaning” in the Christian Faith! See you in-person or online at 10:30 am.
Click HERE to download this week’s sermon notes!
-Genesis 17:15-17; 18:1-2a, 9-14
1. When God blesses you with a _____________ time, be _______________ (Gen. 21:1-7)
- Be thankful for the ________________ (vs. 1,2)
- Be thankful for the ________________ (v. 2)
- Be thankful for the ________________ (vs. 6,7)
God loves to give birth to ________ things
God uses ____________ to give birth to new things
For Abraham is the father of all who believe. That is what the Scriptures mean when God told him, “I have made you the father of many nations. This happened because Abraham believed in the God who brings the dead back to life and who creates new things out of nothing. (Romans 4:16b, 17)
2. When God takes you through a ______________ time, be ___________________ (Genesis 21:8-21)
When God births something _________ in your life He often will wean you off something _________.
So I say, live by the Spirit, and you will not gratify the desires of the sinful nature. For the sinful nature desires what is contrary to the Spirit, and the Spirit what is contrary to the sinful nature. They are in conflict with each other, so that you do not do what you want. (Galatians 5:16,17)
Q: Why should I let go of this “Ishmael” in my life?
- Obedience resolves __________________ (v.9,10)
- Obedience ________________ “Isaac” (v.12)
One day as Jesus was walking along the shore of the Sea of Galilee, he saw two brothers—Simon, also called Peter, and Andrew—throwing a net into the water, for they fished for a living. Jesus called out to them, “Come, follow me, and I will show you how to fish for people!” And they left their nets at once and followed him. (Matthew 4:18-20)
- Obedience demonstrates _____________ (v.11-21)
NOTE: We are not studying Gen. 20 because it is very similar to Gen. 12:10-20. If you are interested, you may want to go to the church website and check out the May 14, 2023 sermon