Join us this Sunday as Pastor David continues through the book of Genesis, focusing on the life of Abraham. See you Sunday morning at 10:30, in-person or online!
Click HERE to download this week’s sermon notes
- Hospitality is not always _________________. (vs.1,3)
- Hospitality is all about ____________________ others. (v.5)
- Hospitality _________. (v.2,8)
- Hospitality is one way to serve the _____________.
1. PRAYER _________________ (vs. 16-21)
- With our ________________(v.16)
- With His ________________(vs. 17-21)
All Scripture is inspired by God and is useful to teach us what is true and to make us realize what is wrong in our lives. It straightens us out and teaches us to do what is right. It is God’s way of preparing us in every way, fully equipped for every good thing God wants us to do. (II Timothy 3:16,17)
2. PRAYER _______________ (vs. 22-23)
3. PRAYER _________________ (vs.22-32)
- When you pray, remember who you’re _________________to
- When you pray, remember it’s a ______________________
- When you pray, remember to share your _______________
When King Hezekiah heard this, he tore his clothes and put on sackcloth and went into the temple of the Lord… Hezekiah received the letter from the messengers and read it. Then he went up to the temple of the Lord and spread it out before the Lord. And Hezekiah prayed to the Lord…” (II Kings 19:1, 14-16a)
4. PRAYER _______________(v. 33)
Q1: What is your favourite form of communication? (face to face, phone, texting, email, skype, writing, smoke signals ☺…) Why?
Q2: Has a specific passage of scripture impacted your prayer life? If so, explain.
Q3: Has God ever “whispered” something to your heart when you lingered in His presence? If so, describe.
Q4: Study James 4:8-10. What does this passage teach about prayer?
Q5: What best describes your prayer life?
…a relaxed heart to heart talk between close friends sitting in Tim Horton’s?
…a polite conversation between two acquaintances?
…an impersonal exchange of information between co-workers?
…an occasional email only when you have to?
Q6: Study David’s prayer in I Chronicles 29:10-19. Based upon this passage, what would God have you do to develop/deepen your prayer life?